Monday, August 18, 2008

Brad & Mary and Jackson Peak

Brad and Mary came down to Jackson this weekend and we had the best time. We had dinner on the deck Saturday night, too much wine, and a big ass hike on Sunday up Jackson Peak (10,741 ft). I've been wanting to summit this peak for about 3 years now. Come hell or hangover - We were going to the top this time. It's a long hike to the lake where we had lunch. From there it's pretty much straight to the top via the south side of the peak. The weather was perfect - not too hot. I'm so glad B&M did this hike with us. It was another good day.

View of Jackson Peak from the north

Goodwin Lake where we stopped for lunch

Thirsty dogs found a spot of snow

Cache Peak

There's the lake where we had turkey sandwiches

1 comment:

Tara Reed said...

Carrie,
It was great to hear from you. I believe that congratulations is in order! Your wedding seemed beautiful and Tonya said that it was awesome. I love your work you really have an eye for things. Keep in touch!

Be very blessed!
Tara